The samaritan® PAD Trainer
In designing an AED training device for the HeartSine® samaritan® PAD, the voice of the customer insisted that the training device should mirror the live device in order to ensure greater user retention and system familiarity. As such, the PAD trainer is easy to use, allowing the trainer the maximum time possible to focus on the learning needs of the group. The trainer provides 8 pre-recorded rescue training scenarios without delivering an actual shock. Features include:
- Actual mirroring of the devices of the samaritan PAD so users can familiarize themselves with controls, pads access, installation of a mock Pad-Pak™(called a Trainer-Pak™) – all with authentic prompts and displays.
- 4 scenarios follow ERC 2010 Guidelines and 4 scenarios follow ERC 2000 Guidelines.
- A PAUSE function so the trainer can pause the automated scenario.
- Both the samaritan PAD 300P and 500P are available as trainer units.
- Each unit comes complete with a remote control and AAA batteries, Trainer-Pak, battery charger, soft carry case with 2 zipper compartments, User Manual, and 5 pairs of training electrode pads.
- The remote control can be programmed to control a number of devices.
The AED trainer is compatible with any CPR manikin system.
Note: HeartSine strongly advises that potential users of defibrillators ensure their training is in line with current ERC/AHA Guidelines and are aware of the regulations and guidelines relating to training and the use of an AED in their specific country.